Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fresh Shop: Fresh Baked Jewelry!


I think I would like to start a new series of posts on my blog: Fresh Shop to feature brand new shops (and I can't find a totally new shop, then at least...new to me!). Whether this will be weekly or monthly is yet to be decided.

So to kick this off...let me introduce to you: Lynda Carson of Fresh Baked Designs!
She has been successfully selling her art in stores around Southern California, and to quote her jumped into the "Deep End Of The Pool" last month, and opened her brand new, fresh etsy store:


I have been a quiet follower/lurker on Lynda's blog since the beginning of this year, when I "discovered" her through the January Art Bead Scene Challenge

http://freshbakeddesigns.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jan-abs-challenge.jpg

I was hooked!

Lynda is a very versatile designer...she works with just about everything!
Exquisite wire-work, cotton and silk, metal texture, alcohol inks and prints, and all of this in the most gorgeous colors! She even makes her own polymer components!


But here's the kicker: Lynda is a supporter and volunteer at Amor Ministries for some years now. Along with her husband, she has helped build homes for families in some of the poorest neighborhoods of Tijuana, and once at the San Carlos Apache Reservation near Globe, Arizona.

Apart from donating hard work, she has also created a line of jewelry called Pure Water Designs. 100% of the profits from this line goes towards buying water purification systems for these families in Tijuana...these last pretty much their entire lifetime, and we all know how important water is!

And there is more!!! She also supports fundraising for communities in Ghana by using the beautiful Krobo beads in a lot of her creations:


Now if you know me, you know what a sucker I am for anyone and anything going beyond what's expected to make the world better. So Lynda is definitely on my list of favorite people!

So go on and take a look at what fresh baked goodness she has!




6 comments:

  1. Great idea for a post, Kashmira! And I love the goodies you've found in this shop! Will need to pay Lynda's shop a visit and have a look around! So nice to be introduced! I love what I see here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to feature "fresh" shops! And what a treat to highlight Lynda's shop. I do love her work and the ministries she is involved with. I have one of her colorful bracelets in support of those in Ghana - it is really beautiful and fun to wear! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get one from the picture I posted? Those are SO pretty!

      Delete
  3. I'm flabbergasted, Kashmira! Think that's the first time I've used that word, but it's appropriate now. What a sweet thing you've done here and I'm so grateful to be your first shop featured. It's a fantastic idea and I'll be a regular visitor to see what other new shops you'll feature in the future. Thank you.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...was a pleasure for me to explore your blog and all that you have done so far :)
      Hope the post brought some traffic (and sales) to your shop :)

      Delete